Monday, July 18, 2016

WASHINGTON DC SOUTH MISSION: WEEK 101: JULY 18, 2016

My last comps: Elder Taggert and Elder Taylor
Sister Gisseman
Hey Family; 
So Wednesday night we got the transfer email and found out that both elder Abney and I were going to be transferred and that they were going to put sisters in the Brambleton ward which is great. That area has had elders in it since the dawn of time and never has had any baptisms. So sisters will be a good change of pace...So elder Abney got sent to Reston, VA and I got put back in the Potomac Crossing Ward where I first started my mission off at! I was pretty excited to leave Brambleton and get sent here. So Sunday I got to see all the members and it was really great. We had dinner with Sister Gisseman who's going to hook us up with a Pentagon tour...You asked about the capitol? I will see if I can find a member that can take us through. I've done it once with a member that other missionaries knew but I'll try to see what I can do....Being back in the Potomac crossing ward is great! I'm with Elder Taggert and Elder Taylor who also just got transferred in. Elder Taggert is from Arizona and Elder Taylor is from Utah. They moved the last two elders that were here because of....Well lets just say there was a 60 inch tv in the  apartment when we showed up and the place was trashed...So we had to clean up the place and throw the T.V out......So that was pretty much our week. We did service for a lady in P.C who is really going through a tough time and stopped by people in the area book..

On Friday I went and did a session at the temple with the departing missionaries and President and Sister Huntsman. That was really good, but strange thinking that I'm going home. On the way down I was just thinking "How is it already over"? It just doesn't feel like I'm going home at all. I've had so many memories, experiences, and lessons learned that it will be hard for me to leave it all behind. But I'm also excited to be done. So after the session was done President waited outside the Celestial Room and gave all the missionaries a hug once they came out. I really love President and Sister Huntsman. I'm glad you will be able to see what great people they are. You should offer to take them out to dinner when you get here or leave them a gift card if we don't have time so they can go out...I've also been setting up dinners with recent converts assuming dad will pay the bill for them ;).Sorry this is scattered but after the temple we had dinner at the Huntsman's and then my two new companions picked me up.


(Now The Gospel According to Saint Logan)

I'm very glad that I've had the opportunity to serve a mission here in the DC South. It has changed my life and has prepared me for the life after the mission. The last few weeks I've had trouble sleeping because of all the memories that come into my head at night of the lessons I've learned, the experiences made, along with just overwhelming feelings of gratitude and love for God allowing me to come here to DC. And also for the help I received from him before my mission and during it here...I bought some melatonin though so I'm sleeping much better now haha....The mission has been the hardest two years of my life up to this point. But it was so worth it. As we go through trials and hardships our faith is increased and made stronger, if we turn to God and don't murmur asking "Why are you allowing this to happen" or "why is this not happening". Testimony can't grow without it being challenged. And my mission has made my testimony stronger for sure. I will cherish the time I've had here to preach the True Gospel of Jesus Christ as restored by the Prophets. I'm glad I don't have to deal with the nay-sayers anymore but even Christ was persecuted for teaching truth so why wouldn't those who do the same receive it as well. I haven't been a perfect missionary but I've tried my best to do Gods will for me. I still make mistakes and sin and I will do the same when I get home. But one of my strengths is being willing to take the bullet in the chest and "just repent" when I need to. I'm grateful for you mom and dad for your examples and for your faith and diligence in keeping the commandments and doing your best to teach us the gospel and other correct principles. And with 4 missionaries(5 unless beaker screws up the dynasty), 5 eagle scouts, 2 married in the temple for eternity, 1 Young women Medalion thing haha, a son in med school and 1 with a real job, and most importantly a family that is close together.... you can only see the fruit of couples that strive to live according to the gospel. I'm grateful my brothers who set the bar of serving a mission and my sister as well for being great! I strongly believe that God is real and he loves us more then we realize. That that the feelings from the spirit aren't the effects of a "frenzied mind"...After Christ and his apostles were killed very "plain yet precious" principles of his gospel were lost or changed my men who had no desire to Follow Gods will at all changed doctrines, ordinances, a teachings that Christ taught. God prepared people and places so that the fullness of his gospel could once again be giving to his sons and daughters that love him and do his will. God reached out to 14 year old boy who wasn't perfect but was striving to do know Gods will and his truth. That boy would over time would receive those truths that were lost or changed through out the rest of his life. Those who are willing enough to do Gods will can know if what I've said is true if they are willing to read the book of Mormon with an open heart and willing to change their ways. If they do this they will know by the spirit of God which come through feeling of love, joy, and peace. If they apply the teachings of the book of Mormon they will draw closer to God and have a desire to repent and live according to Christ's gospel. Christ's atonement makes it possible for us to become clean from our sins, overcome addictions and habits, change the nature of the flesh, give us the strength to go through trials and hardships, and to feel peace in a fallen world...These are some of my things I've come to know over the course of 23 months. I love you all and will see you in a week.

love Elder Logan Frew

No comments:

Post a Comment