Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Washington DC South Mission: Week 90: May 1, 2016

Hey family,

So I will just try and Skype when Daniels doing his which is 7pm East coast time. Are we going to do a google hangout? If so I let me know so I can make an arrangement to Skype at a members rather than just use my IPad. 
(FYI friends, our missionaries get to call home twice a year Christmas and Mothers Day for one hour)

So this week was a pretty good one for us. We were able to have a lesson with our investigator Elliot from the Congo. We read the book of Mormon with him and answered some questions. He said that he would come to church next week which is really good. 

We were not however, able to have a lesson with Lenora or Cat our single moms. Hopefully we can this next week...On Tuesday night we went to a girl from Ethiopia who said we could come back. We started teaching the restroration and as soon as we got to the 1st vision she said "She didn't want to learn any more". My companion and I were super confused. We were using a pamphlet with a picture of God and Christ appearing to Joseph Smith. When she saw the picture she said "that ok I don't need to hear anymore". We were thinking she didn't agree with the Godhood or something. Anyways there was a little bit of a language barrier so we just said ok and left. Elder Abney and I were pretty puzzled afterwards.

 Anyways. Saturday morning we drove down to Burke for Warren Cheeks baptism. His wife's a member of the Burke ward but he never was super interested in God. When Elder Burleson and I were there he did take us golfing, fishing, and out to eat on pdays despite not being super interested in joining our discussion that we had with his wife. We would usually read scriptures with her weekly and he would say hello for a few minutes and go back to his own business. In his talk he said one day he had a "revelation sitting at his desk one morning that there was a God". Anyways so he got baptized and it was super great. All baptisms are big but his was bigger than others. He's someone that will come in and immediately contribute to the church. He's also 60 which is cool. Most people his age are set in their ways. It was also good to see a big piece of fruit from my labors in Burke. As you know I didn't like burke. It was hot, we had a big area on bike during the summer months, and I never saw any success. In fact the whole area I never had an investigator at church and didn't really have any real investigators. just people that we would stop by. So knowing that I did something while I was there felt pretty rewarding. It was also really good to see all the members who were in the burke ward. So that's about all. 

Today for pday were going to the mission home with our zone for a BBQ. I look forward to skyping everyone for the last time on my mission. Love you all, Logan. 

Pray for Elliot, Cat, and Lenora

No comments:

Post a Comment