Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Washington DC South Mission: Week 81: February 29,2016

Dear Family; 

So I will tell you my week first before going into all of the stuff for college and after. So yesterday at church we got John his baptism suit and he also passed his interview. He doing good and is ready for his baptism this Saturday. We are having dinner with him on Tuesday and probably meeting again Friday just so were around him a lot before the baptism. We also went to the family history center and learned how to use it with our investigators. It actually was really cool. I found out that we had relatives that live here in the Maryland and Virginia area. I hadn't really looked at all of our family history but it was cool to see where all of out descendants came from. Other than that it was a pretty normal week. Last night we went to a new member fireside which was really cool. A black guy named Abram talked about his conversion. He was a Baptist, Pentecostal, and Methodist minister. Grew up believing that Mormons were a cult and blaw blaw blaw. The first time he met elders he bashed with them. Then he said God told him that one day he would join the church. He didn't know when but it was sometime in the future.... Just about twenty years later he's at the Lees burg library and two elders who were in my zone at the time came and talked to him as he was leaving...Before they could say anything he said "Guys I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the book of Mormon is the word of God". He said he already knew. A few weeks later he was baptized. During his testimony he literally went off on how the book of Mormon was a more accurate testament of Jesus Christ and pretty much everything that missionaries say to bible bashers when tracking or whatever. I was sitting in my seat with my jaw literally on the floor thinking "Is this real". I've  bashed with  many people on my mission just like this Abram guy. And it put a sense of satisfaction knowing that my bible bashing may have been of some good ha ha. I didn't think there were people like that out there. Abram also talked about how he was blind in ignorance toward the Book of Mormon just because the way other so called "Christians" use the bible. He also said towards the end "Don't listen to those silly "Christian people" who say this and that about Joseph Smith". That was pretty cool too... anyways Abram was a cool dude.

My release date is July 27th. So call the mission office to make arrangements mom. 

* Transfers are also this week and word on the street(or office elders) is that I'm going to get transferred, I will let you know if I do. Not much sense complaing about it. I set a goal to stop complainingg.

Love you all. I'm doing good. I'm kinda scarred to leave here. As much as I'm ready to go home in a little bit I'm also sad knowing I don't have much longer. But life goes on. I love you all a lot. And can't wait to see you in July.

I was thinking maybe DAD and Beaker and I could go tracking just for kicks. It might be a cool experience.

Love logo

No comments:

Post a Comment