Monday, October 5, 2015

Washington DC South Mission: Week 59: October 5, 2015

Fun Pday catching some fish

Conference with Chris and Melissa our investigators
Hey family,

So we had a really good week here in Ashburn. I've been thinking recently how blessed I am to be able to serve on a mission here in DC. I have  a really nice apartment, car, and gym to workout in...I have a really good companion, we have two super solid progressing investigators, the ward is awesome. I'm around other missionaries that are really cool and fun to work with. The list goes on and on. As much as I've wanted for my mission to go by fast and be over, I've thought about how sad it's going to be for me when I have to give it all up and go back to normal life. The experiences that I've had and the relationships I've had are priceless. Ya sometimes its really hard but its also extremely rewarding.

So about the week. I don't know if we told you about Chris and Mellisa yet. So last week we had a referral in the area book for them so we stopped by. They let us right in and said we could come back. Long story short we've had like 8 lessons with them in the last 10 days or so. Teaching them the the first 3 lessons and reading the B.O.M with them too. They are really wanting to be baptized but need to overcome somethings first.

We watched conference with them in their really nice theatre room. Chris is a hard core rocker ha ha. Literally. I guess he is in a punk rock band and Mellisa loves that stuff too. They are engaged right now and are wanting to live the Mormon lifestyle after seeing the downsides to a worldly lifestyle. Chris has had alot of LDS involvement with EFY in Cape Verde. That's a little about them. Chris came to church last week and Mellisa is coming next Sunday. She is already trying to get work off on Sundays too(we had not even said anything about it yet). 

Chris was praying one night for something he could rely on and a week later we ended up knocking on his door. There's other cool things that have happened but I can't really remember right now. All you need to know is that they are super solid and super cool. 


We also had MLC this week which is the mission leadership council.

love elder frew

No comments:

Post a Comment