Monday, April 20, 2015

Washington DC South Mission: Week 35: April 20, 2015

Elder Tesch and Tony and Elder Frew (Tony's baptism)
Elder Frew and Elder Tesch


Hey family,
First off did you guys get the letter I sent that had a bunch of
photos? I sent hat awhile ago and I wasn't sure if you got those
yet? So we had quite a day Saturday. We woke up at 6am and worked out
till 7am. Then we had the Elders with a car drop us off at the church
right after that in our gym clothes to start filling up the font.
They dropped us off and they went back to get showered and ready for
the day and told us they would be back to pick us up so we could get ready.We
were expecting them to give us plenty of time to get ready since the
baptism was at 10:00am.. Flash forward to 9:15am and they finally came back
to the chapel and to pick us up. We drove as fast as we can go to our
apartment which is at least ten minutes away for us both to get
showered and get everything we need for the baptism. I've never gotten
ready so fast in my life. Elder Annis and I were showered, with our
suits on, hair done, and everything we needed in less than 7 minutes.
Oh and we got a call from the Elder Tesch right before saying he was
going to be late and that I should bring clothes to baptize Tony in
case he was unable to get there on time. So we get everything and
the baptism clothes and the other elders finally come and take us back
to the church at 9:45. Out of all the days in the year they decided to
be late the one day we finally have a baptism. Anyways but once we got
there it seemed to go pretty well. I got pictures with me and Tony
since Elder Tesch hadn't showed up yet. I was in my white clothes and ready
to do the baptism once the program started. I gave a talk on baptism
which went well I thought, and right as I'm ending Elder Tesch walks in
the room with all his white clothes on too. Haha. So the program went
as planned after that. Elder Tesch baptized Tony and everything went
really well. Afterwards we went to Tony's house and had Pizza Hut Pizza and
hung out with for a little bit. So even though I am wearing white
clothes in the pictures I really didn't baptize Tony haha. At least it
looks like I did. hahha
We also had a good week besides the baptism. We street contacted 
a lady from Bolivia who had two older brothers on missions and
we're both members. She wasn't baptized though and she had 2 girls. We
are taught them the restoration and set up another time to come back
next week. We had the same thing happen with a guy named Alex who's
from Ethiopia. We taught him the restoration and set up another time.
And we also met a mom and a little boy from California who met with
the missionaries there. This week we picked up 4/5 new investigators
and also had a baptism so things have been going really well for us.




Another cool thing happened Saturday.... We were ridding our bikes
home from our dinner appointment across this soccer field when a group
of 12 guys were like " hey it's the Mormons ha ha" (in a joking way).
They asked us if we wanted to play football with them. When I had the
choice to go tract for a hour and half or play football my decision
was pretty easy. So we played football in our shirt and ties and got
super sore and sweaty. They did two hand touch for us since we were in
shirts and ties which was nice but the rest of the game everyone just
played tackled. Not too brag but I played pretty dang good. Especially
for being the only white guy besides Elder Annis on the whole field
Ha ha.  So after we were done playing we told them to hit us up next time they
were going to play football or basketball. As we started riding away I
thought that we needed to go back and invite them to come to church. I
figured at least one of them has to be interested.So we rode our bikes
back and to not make it awkward we gave them some left over food that
the member gave us for dinner and invited them to come to church with
us on Sunday. None of them ended up coming but it was still a lot of
fun. Saturday was one of the best days that I've had on my mission.

Sunday night we had a lesson with our investigator Barbara and it went
pretty well. We didn't teach her a set lesson just answering questions
to her needs. We have been trying to help her come to know the truth
of the gospel. But last night I realized that she doesn't even have a
knowledge of God. So we are trying to help her find that out first.

Love,
Elder Frew


Tony and his family and Elder Frew

No comments:

Post a Comment