Monday, January 26, 2015

Washington DC South Mission: Week 23: January 26, 2015

Dear Family; 
8:21 AM (10 hours ago)
So I got your package this week in the mail thanks a lot . But please
don't send those "kind"bars anymore. I'm not sure if no
one back home didn't want those so you decided to just throw them in there
for me to eat. But those things taste bad.  ha ha.... So Saturday
was John our investigators baptism back in Lees burg. We had a senior couple drive us
about an hour to the church only to find out when we got there that
John and his whole family had the flu. John still showed up and was
 about still going through with his baptism except he still felt sick and his
family wouldn't have been able to make it. So we encouraged him to post pone the baptism
till next Saturday. Also for some reason, the ward didn't know that the baptism
 that day so there was like 5 members there. I guess  Ames didn't tell the ward about the baptism.
John' s  baptism has been on date for a month. Anyways so next Saturday we will go back
again to Lees berg for the baptism. Afterwards when  we found out the
baptism was going to be postponed we went and watched the senior
couples grandson play basketball which was kinda fun. It brought back
memories of when Elder Tesch and I were both out on the court. 

This week we had a pretty productive week. We did a lot of finding since we
don't have really any solid investigators. 

This week after a member dinner Elder Tesch and I found a straight bar for working
out just sitting on the street. That was cool. It's a little rusty but
still pretty nice. 

We also went on exchanges with  the zone leaders. I went with 
Elder Macias who is a Spanish missionary which was super fun. 
I didn't really expect to say anything really because everyone we visited only spoke
Spanish. So I would just kinda sit there and listen, trying to pull out what they were talking about.
Then at  the end of the appointment I would just say like buenos
Dias or noches. Or me gusta tu Casa.... Just stuff I remembered from High School
Spanish class. Elder Macias is a really  cool zone leader. Elder Tesch had to go
with Elder Macias companion. Ha ha.... . We also had zone
conference this week. It went from 9am to 430 pm. It went by pretty
fast though.

 During the meeting President Riggs was telling us that
when we are teaching the "Law of Chastity", we need to use specific
words. And then he asked us what words he meant? Some sister was like
"sex"... Elder Oyler was sitting right in front of me and he started
laughing, the he looked back at me and I just started laughing. Then
President Riggs looked at me and asked what I was laughing about so I
just blamed it on Elder Oyler. Then President Riggs was like Elder Frew using very
specific words describe to me the Law of Chastity.  I  asked him
"what are you getting at"... and then he told me again to explain
specifically what we don't do (in front of the whole zone and the AP's,
and what not). And I was like "uhhhh. We save our....uhhhh. We don't
have sex till we're married". Then he was like what else...."uhhhh we
keep our minds clean"..... What else?.....( I turn to Elder Tesch and asked if
I got most of it)...then President asked what do we not do with
ourselves?  And I was just hesitant about saying it.. And eventually I
said it , and we don't do it with ourselves. Anyway the whole zone thought
that it was super funny and then afterward the meeting was over
President Riggs came and gave me a big hug..... 

P-day hasn't been too fun so far.
We went and stopped by a potential investigator this morning even though it's p-day
and he wasn' t there. Now we're just sitting at the library. It's
raining and kinda cold. Things are good though for me here in Mount
Vernon. I Realized how good it is to be with Elder Tesch when I saw Ames
again on Saturday. Although Elder Ames did give me a watch and a tie when I
got transferred which was nice of him. My six month mark is coming up
soon and its tradition to burn a tie.

I don't remember if I told you this but we found out who our new
mission president is going to be when President and Sister Riggs go home this summer.
It's David Huntsman, the brother to Jon Huntsman. I guess his dad was
the mission president in this mission when he was a kid which is kinda
cool.

Love you all Elder Frew

No comments:

Post a Comment