Monday, January 12, 2015

Washington DC South Mission: Week 21- January 12, 2015

MY NEW COMPANION: ELDER TESCH
ADDAE FAMILY
JOHN & BAHARS FAMILY
My new address is  -2659 Arlington drive apt.202
                                   Alexandria, VA 22306

Dear Family,

So Monday through Wednesday I tried to say goodbye to some of the families that were in the Potomac crossing Ward. Sister Anderson took us out to lunch since me and Elder Mathews were leaving for sure. I loved the ward but I was ready for a change. Tuesday night I was up till 1am getting packed up for transfers and then I got up at 6am  because Elder Ames had to be there early for a training meeting. So we drove down to Centre ville for the meeting. It was a whopping 8 degrees that morning. Recently it has been so cold here. 

Anyways so as I was going into the transfer meeting I was dreaming of what 3 things I wanted to happen...... 1) I was hoping to serve in Mount Vernon because I thought it was a cool area when I was there for a baptism. 2) I was hoping to be In the same zone as Elder Mathews or Elder Oyler. 3) and lastly I wanted to get a cool companion.

What sweet,sweet music it was to my ears when I heard that I was going to be serving in the Mount Vernon Ward, and that my new companion was Elder Tesch (he's a big dude and he got some scholarships to play football after his mission, he's yoked out of his mind and is super cool), also Elder Mathews was called to be in the same zone as me which is the same zone that Elder Oyler is in.... So I got literally everything I was ever dreaming of. I've got a cool companion and I'm around some of my favorites missionaries in the mission; Elder Mathews and Elder Oyler, and I'm in the area that I wanted to be in...... I guess this is my reward for trying my best to love Elder Ames.

I will send some pictures  of John and Bahars family. And also the Addae family. Dad asked how John and Bahar are doing.... So Elder Ames messaged me and told me that they are still doing good. John is the one getting baptized on the 24th and Bahar is already a member. I guess their daughter Tatia who is 13 is also on date now for baptism also. I will be up here hopefully for the baptism. For pday today we are just playing ball at the gym as usual. We went to chipotle for lunch. 

Also you can send the package now. 
Love you all elder frew

No comments:

Post a Comment