Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Washington DC South Mission: Week 18- December 22, 2014

Dear family,


We had a good week. Last Sunday John and Bahar came to church. Bahar
is a less active member who hasn't been to church since high school.
And John is not a member. They both loved last week and brought the
rest of their family this Sunday too. But we went by there house this
week to have a lesson with them for the first time and actually taught
one of the 5 lessons. We said a prayer before because we weren't
exactly sure what we should teach but we planned on the restoration
unless we felt we should teach something else. That was by the far the
best lesson that we've had since I've been here. We went through the
lesson and it was so amazing.  As we taught the spirit was extremely
strong. John started crying during the lesson which was pretty cool.
And said it was amazing. We then put him on date to be baptized on the
25th of January!!! Unfortunately I will be transferred on the 8th so I
won't be in leesburg anymore probably. But I should still be able to
come to his baptism assuming he goes through with it. John is very
cool. Growing up he went to the baptist church every now and then. Yes
he's black. And Bahar was baptized at 13 and went to seminary and
stuff then went inactive at 19. She is part Afghan. They have two
daughters. One is named Tatia who is 13 and another girl who is about
1 year old. We have another lesson with them tonight too. Pray for
this family, please.

Right now I'm sitting on the metro heading in to DC. It's very cold
today. I love going into the city. It has such a cool atmosphere
about it. I'm glad that I get to go and visit here every transfer. I
think that we are going to go to the Lincoln memorial today along with
a few other memorials. I should have some good pictures to send to you
next week.

I will be calling on Wednesday sometime to set up the time and
everything for when I'm going to skype you guys on Christmas. So I
would just be ready for that. I also got your package that you sent
me. I was able to restrain myself and not open them up early.

Also I sent my Christmas package home to you guys. You should open it
on Christmas Eve. It should already be there. But just let me know
that you guys already got it.

I'll send my dc pics next week

Love elder Frew

No comments:

Post a Comment